10.15.2012

Studded Bracelet

I know I’m not alone in my recent love of studs. I ordered a pack on Amazon for a few bucks and waited very impatiently for them to arrive. When they finally did I had a slew of thing’s I knew I already wanted to put them on. The first thing I decided to go for was a handmade bracelet. I knew I wanted to do a certain weave type of “friendship bracelets” but for the life of me I cannot find its specific name and for that I do apologize, but no worries I’ll inform you on how to create it!
Materials:
1.       Utility cording ( a yard)
2.       Yarn (4 feet)
·         My yarn and cording measurements are longer than needed for this project but I like to always use extra just in case.
3.       Copper wire
4.       Scissors
5.       Hot glue gun
6.       A lighter
7.       Tape (or something to hold down your bracelet while you work on it.)
8.       Jewelry Pliers (optional)
Getting Started:
Take your cording and fold it in half, then proceed to wrap the middle with about 5in. of carding but make sure to leave a small look at the end.

I wrapped the wire for about a quarter of an inch and just tried to tuck the end of wire in between the two sides of cording. Next, you’ll need to also fold your yarn in half and secure it right under the wire with a simple knot.
Take either side of yarn and cross it over top of the cording. Then take one side of yarn and fold it under the cording and through the loop that on the other side. Do this for both sides.
It should look like this before you pull it tight. Continue to do this until the bracelet is long enough to fit around your wrist and tie it off at the end (you can put a little glue to keep it from unknotting in the future). I then made a ring out of the wire that will fit both pieces of cording through it but be snug enough not to move.
Cut the cording down so you can get it on and off without pulling the cording out of the ring. You can then use a lighter to melt the end of the cording a small amount so that it doesn’t fray.
Finally, is adding the studs! Mine came with little “prongs” I suppose you could call them, on the back so that you can fold them down to secure them but the yarn was too thick. I used hot glue to secure them on to the bracelet. After this steps TA DA! You’re done. It took me no time at all and it’s super cute.

You're a Stud ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment