9.20.2012

Antiques!

Hello everybody!

I really wanted my first ever post to be about my trip to the Brimfeild Fair, the largest outdoor antiques fair in New England. Unfortunately, there were severe tornado warnings the morning I was supposed to go. You may think, New England and tornadoes don't exactly go hand in hand (that's what I used to think), but within the last few years there have been quite a few and the area Brimfeild is in suffered some of the worst damage the state has seen in some time. THIS BEING SAID, I was too afraid to go that morning (I love antiques but not enough to be blown away). I have been to this fair in the rain and the cold but tornadoes were pushing it a little far.

Lucky for me and the rest of the world this fair happens threes times a year for a week at a time. There are 21 fields with over 5000 dealers at any given time in the small New England town, and it is a mecca for anyone who loves to craft, decorate or just fill there house with STUFF. The best part is that you kind find it all for super cheap!

It's always a good idea to make a list of things your looking for while thrifting anywhere because the amount of different items can be over whelming. This year the major thing on my list was tin trays, like these:

 1.                                                                                    2. 
3. 


(I actually bought the Land O' Lakes one on the right the first time I was at Brimfeild for under ten dollars and it sits on my vanity)

How cute are these? You can always find a bunch of them in different sizes for a low price. My main goal this time was to hang them up and use them as memo boards using magnets. (Not at of these trays will be magnetic, it depends on the type of tin or material they're made out of, so bring a magnet with you to test)

There are SO many more awesome things that can be seen and bought at the fair so if you're in the area or love antiques enough to take a trip I suggest going. Check out their website for more information.

Happy Thrifting

Pictures found here 1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/calloohcallay/3783227870 here 2. http://www.etsy.com/listing/42633771/vintage-land-o-lakes-sweet-cream-butter and here 3. http://www.stagecoachtoys.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=452

No comments:

Post a Comment