9.28.2012

Insert a pun about polka dots here...

To start on a tangent is probably not the way to go but WHO CARES, its TGIF, that’s a good excuse right? In my mind puns are probably one of the funniest things in the world, call me crazy! So the topic of polka dots today made my mind race with things like “doing the polka!” and “Seeing spots” and I couldn’t decide on one so I’m leaving it up to you! (Feel free to send me some punny jokes)

Now, on to a serious note about polka dots…if you ever spend any time on the Internet you may have come across pictures of the new Louis Vuitton concept store at Selfridges department store located in London. Louis Vuitton has recently collaborated with a Japanese artist, Yayoi Kusama, to switch up their well known and loved pattern by adding Kusama’s love for polka dots! (I bet you didn’t see that coming)  The store looks like an amazing, and may I add trippy place to shop and I’m totally in love but they’re not the only ones on the spot wagon. Kate Spade seems to be equally obsessed with polka dots at the moment. They even go as far as doing a weekly blog talking about the #ARTOFTHEDOT where they highlight some of their favorite spot pictures of the week.
Top two pictures of Louis Vuitton concept store at Selfridges and bottom two picture of Kate Spade's website

With all of this inspiration I clearly want to cover everything in polka dots and I intend on doing just that! I’ve got a pair of pants and a white fabric marker that are just screaming to me. I will eagerly be waiting the day when I have time to craft them and will post pictures pronto (Although I’m super stoked for my best friend upcoming wedding I can’t say I’m as equally excited about the LOADS of hemming I have to do before then) I can’t say I’ll be able to hold off crafting before the hemming gets done, oh well.

Happy Spotting

No comments:

Post a Comment