10.09.2012

Picture Perfect

This morning, as I sit back to take a breath I realized the last few weeks have gone by incredibly fast. Just a few days ago one of my oldest and dearest friends still held her very own last name and now she’s sharing a new one with the man she plans on spending an un-countable amount of years together. That being said, I was extremely lucky to be in a wedding this past weekend and all of the hustle and bustle has left me away from my computer, and crafts, for quite some time. No fear though, I have plenty of crafts previously made that I’d love to share.
The wedding was beautiful and had plenty of breathtaking moments that were caught in pictures, but frames can become expensive when you want to start hanging those pictures up. Why not make you own with simple materials that way there’s no chance they won’t match your own decor.
I got the idea from one of my favorite diy blogs = blog.freepeople.com (specifically from here http://blog.freepeople.com/2010/11/wednes-diy-48/) I followed there directions and then added some color by using gel pens (I remember the days when I LIVED for gel pens) The bold colors really helped me to add the jewel tone I was going for. This project is awesome because the options are bottomless. Make them smaller or bigger, cover them in paper or magazine clippings, just go nuts! I can’t wait to make more and as always feel free to share your projects with me.

p.s.- don’t think I’ve forgotten about those polka dots! The outcome is shortly on it’s way!
Doodle Away

1 comment: