11.13.2012

DIY Bow Tie Necklace

I've seen bow tie necklaces a few times lately (and I love them) and I really had wanted to try out the eyelets i recently bought so I thought of this as the perfect chance...





I've seen bow tie necklaces a few times lately (and I love them) and I really had wanted to try out the eyelets i recently bought so I thought of this as the perfect chance. Here's some of the inspiration I was working off of:

Found HERE


Found HERE
 To make this I started with:
1. A BOW TIE! ( I got this one off of a broken head band but you could always use a men's bow tie that's not being used or even make your own, here is an awesome tutorial I found on a great blog called A Beautiful Mess)
2. Eyelets (I found mine at a Michael's Craft Store)
3. a 3/16" Eyelet Tool
4. An exacto knife
5. Hammer
6. Any chain or string of your choice ( you'll notice I don't have one pictures, that's because I can't make up my mind!)


  
So this may be the easiest DIY you have ever done once you get all the supplies together. Simply follow the directions on the back of the eyelets. Cat a small hole into your fabric and wedge the wrong side of the eyelet through this hole. Take your tool and set it up as in the picture, the round washer looking part will be on the bottom, followed by your cloth with the eyelet in it already, and finally the long metal piece will be used on top. Next simply hammer lightly (doesn't need to be Hulk hits here) and the eyelet will fold around the fabric holding it into place. Repeat on the next side and VOILA!

Now you simply need to add you favorite chain or string (possibly some other beads or a necklace clasp also) and you'll have an extremely cute necklace to pair with anything!  As I previously mentioned I'm playing around with what I want to put mine on but I figure my indecisiveness didn't need to keep me from sharing this with you :) As always I would love to see yours!

 Just steal a bow from your beau...

No comments:

Post a Comment