12.05.2012

Party Sweater

When it comes time for the Holidays all I want to do is dress in cute, sparkly clothes that also keep me warm. This being said I present to you the perfect holiday sweater...


So it's better if you start with a sweater that is not a turtle neck but I'm a sucker for cheap and I found this wool Gap sweater at a thrift store for $1.


I had to do a little problem solving (which lasted about 2 seconds) and then chopped of the neck line


This is the shape your sweater should start at to make this project super easy. At this point you cut down the middle shoulder to any desired length. I cut about 5 inches which was plenty because once I started wearing it it did stretch a little and droop down more. You then simply need to finish all of the raw edges ( machine stitching looks good but hand stitching may look better, all up to you and your skill) SOMETHING TO REMEMBER When you cut off the excess fabric after you've stitched it make sure to leave it long enough that the sweater edge won't curl exposing the back side. I did cut it too short but it's all white so it's not easily visible.
Finally, pick a ribbon or scrap cloth and connect it to either side of the opening at the shoulder. Tie a bow and you done!



You can't exactly make out the bow so I may switch it out for different ribbon or make it shorter but it was still super cute!

Soft and Fuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment